Sunburn through the vents

Monday, June 21, 2004

You cannot help yourself....

"Can I help you?"

< thinks > Yes. Get outta ma face. < /thinks >

"Do you need some help with that?"

< thinks > You can't hear the voice inside my head can you. But you must see the disdain on my face surely? < /thinks >

"Would you like some help?"

< yelling > "What do you mean 'HELP'? I'm buying soap for gods sake - do I look like an imbecile who hasn't bought soap before?? Do I look incapable of asking for 'Help'? Is that it? You think I'm backward, a little bit slow maybe and can't handle all the wonderful choices you have put together for me? Did I once catch your eye and give you a sign or some acknowledgement that you exist and I might want a conversation with you? Does my demeanour cry out for pity? Or maybe you're trying out a technique which engages suspected shoplifters in conversation and once engaged they are less likely to steal?? No, I don't think so.

I'm perfectly capable of choosing my own soap. Now fuck off outta ma face and leave me alone. Stay behind the till and just take my money. I'm gonna make it very easy for you. I know what I want. And I'm gonna buy it. Use your newly acquired fuckin-sales-skills on gettin yourself a better job cos this one ain't working out for ya. < /yelling >

"I'm okay thanks."

MUSH - Brighton
Earlier today